BEDFORD – The Green Hill Cemetery Association is hosting a Spring Cleaning Volunteer Day on May 15th.
If it rains that day the rain date is scheduled for May 22.
- Pick up debris from the grounds including trash, silk flowers, sticks, etc.
- Spray down monuments that have darkened due to the elements and pollutants over time. That entails using a handheld sprayer like you would use to spray for weeds. It contains a solution that saturates the monument and over time it “self-cleans”. Some of them with thick algae growth may have to be brushed off first.
- Trimming lower branches off the trees.
- Clean leaves and debris from storm drains throughout the cemetery.
- Tag gravesites that have abandoned items or items that interfere with the mowing process.
- Sow grass seed on most recent burials and cover with straw.
Call 812-275-5110 to sign up to help.