UNDATED – Congress has urged the USDA National Organic Program (NOP) to evaluate wild-caught fishery systems and to assess the feasibility and appropriateness of developing organic production, handling, and labeling standards for wild-caught seafood.
NOP will host a virtual Town Hall listening session on Thursday, March 18, 2021, from 2:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. Eastern to hear from the organic community and those interested in the wild-caught fish industry.
Online Meeting Details
- Date: Thursday, March 18, 2021
- Time: 2:00-3:00 pm Eastern
- The Zoom registration link is available on the Wild Caught Fish Town Hall webpage
- After you register, you will receive a meeting link with options to join the Town
Hall by video or phone.
- Written comments and questions will also be accepted now through Friday, March 26, 2021, via email: Valerie.Frances@usda.gov.
- During the webinar, participants will be able to chat in comments to provide feedback to NOP’s presentation and questions.
- A record of the Town Hall typed chat, the Town Hall slides, and a written transcript will be posted online.
Meeting materials including the agenda, Zoom link, transcript, and NOP’s Report to Congress will be added to the Wild Caught Fish Town Hall webpage linked above as they become available.