(INDIANAPOLIS) — Nineteen FFA members from across the state are preparing to interview for the opportunity to serve as an Indiana FFA State Officer in the coming year. Eight individuals will be selected to fulfill the roles of president, secretary, northern region vice president, southern region vice president, treasurer, reporter, and sentinel.
During the 91st Indiana FFA State Convention, the candidates will participate in a rigorous interview and selection process in which the winners will be announced at the final session on Thursday, June 18.
“Serving as a state officer provides such a unique opportunity to learn,” said Indiana State Department of Agriculture Director Bruce Kettler. “I commend each of the candidates for their dedication to personal and professional growth as well as service to the Indiana FFA community.“
Once selected, the newly-elected officers will embark on a year of service, providing direction, and overseeing the development of the student-led organization, which has more than 12,500 members statewide.
Along with promoting FFA, agriculture, and agricultural education, some of their responsibilities include conducting FFA chapter visits, facilitating leadership conferences, and hosting career and leadership development events.
“Each of the candidates has demonstrated servant leadership in their home chapter and districts,” said Indiana FFA Director Rob Hays. “I am confident that any of these members would excel in the state officer role if selected. I look forward to seeing the impression this year’s team will make.”
The following list includes the 19 Indiana FFA State Officer candidates:
- Jayden Brown, Rossville FFA
- Evam Coblentz, Wawasee FFA
- Evan Cohagan, Argos FFA
- Jenna Cords, West Central FFA
- Makinzie France, North Miami FFA
- Julia Hamblen, Shelbyville Central FFA
- Sam Hauptstueck, Carroll Fort Wayne FFA
- Loren Matlock, Eastern Hancock FFA
- Logan Overman, Greenfield Central FFA
- Blake Poffenbarger, Shenandoah FFA
- Kylie Schakel, Hamilton Heights FFA
- Breeanna Sides, South Ripley FFA
- Brooke Sides, South Ripley FFA
- Luke Sproles, Frontier FFA
- Blayne Vandeveer, Tri-County FFA
- Sara Weaver, Franklin County FFA
- Ally Webster, Clinton Central FFA
- Garrett Weil, Oregon-Davis FFA
- Derick Williams, Union City Community FFA
The 2020-21 Indiana FFA state officer team will be announced on June 18 by the Indiana FFA Organization via social media.
Visit inffa.org to learn more about Indiana FFA.