BEDFORD – The Bedford Housing Authority received funds for Capital Gains projects at both the Hauck House Commons and Hamilton Courts.
The Housing Authority was awarded a total of $396,092, which will be used to beautify and improve public housing at the two properties.
The projects and totals include:
- Three mailbox receptacles at Hamilton Courts – $34,000
- Upgrades to some of the porches at Hamilton Courts – $35,000
- Roofs in need of repairs of replacements at Hamilton Courts – $81,000
- Flooring at the Hauck House, replacing the tiling on the first floor – $40,000
- Salaries & benefits for staff – $24,000
- Staff training – $4,100
- Landscaping at Hamilton Courts
- New cameras at Hamilton Courts
- Removal of perimeter fence that has overgrown brush and is falling apart
- Awning repairs at the Hauck House
- and 20% of the funds to be kept in the operations fund – about $79,218.40
All of the funds received will be used through these projects that will begin throughout the year.