MITCHELL – The Mitchell Opera House announced they will reopen their doors to in-person shows and concerts starting in April.
Gary Rayhill with Mitchell Opera House said the safety and wellbeing of the community will always be a top priority to the Opera House.
“We are being extremely cautious with the virus remaining an issue, and when the County went back into the red, we had to cancel our upcoming shows,” said Rayhill. “We put in our minds the month of April as a time when we could return to the venue with crowds, and with the County sliding back to orange, we are in a great position to bring the entertainment back.”
The Opera House has already set a schedule of shows for the month of April which includes:
- April 2nd: The Rigby’s Beatle tribute band
- April 3rd Stones Crossing, a Bluegrass Gospel band from North Greenwood
- Church group special options may be available for purchase.
- April 9th Tyler Reese Tritt, daughter of Country Singer Travis Tritt
- April 16th Country Singer Erin Enderlin
- April 23rd The Lloyd Wood Band
- April 30th Magnolia Vale – Kentucky’s Country Music Singin’ Twins
There will continue to be Livestream shows on the Mitchell Opera House Facebook page through the month of March.
“Whatever the CDC Guidelines are, we will adhere to them,” Rayhill said. “We will always recommend those in attendance to wear a mask, but we won’t enforce it, and socially distance themselves as best as they can with the adjusted seating.”