LAWRENCE CO. – The young and old are ready for a week of fun and excitement as the 2021 Lawrence County 4-H Fair is set to kick off Saturday, July 10th.
The fair is closer to resuming its traditional operation after a year of restrictions. Many anxiously await for their annual taste of fair foods like funnel cakes, ribeye steak sandwiches, tenderloins, and corn on the cob.
There will plenty to do and see at the fair. A new fair queen will be crowned tonight in the Expo Hall. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and it cost $3 a person to attend.
Saturday evening will feature the demolition derby at 7 p.m.
Lesley Lodmell, Lawrence County Extension agent says the fair should be a week of excitement for the youth as 4-H has evolved into other projects besides just showing farm animals.
List of events at this year’s Lawrence County 4-H Fair:
2021 4-H Activity Fair Schedule
Friday, July 9
- 12:30 p.m. Dog Agility Show
Saturday, July 10
- 5 a.m. – 10 a.m. Rabbit Check-In
- 5 a.m.– Noon: All Other Animal Check-In
- 9 a.m.- Dog Obedience and Mini Dog Show
Sunday, July 11
- 9 a.m. – Rabbits (Show arena)
- 9 a.m. – Horse & Pony Halter and Mini
- 2 p.m. – Horse & Pony English
Monday, July 12
- 9 a.m. – Dairy Females and Steer Show
- 9 a.m. – Horse and Pony Western Pleasure
- 3 p.m. – Market Beef Show
Tuesday, July 13
- 9 a.m. — Swine
Wednesday, July 14
- 9 a.m. — Dairy, Boer & Pygmy Goats (Show Arena)
Thursday, July 15
- 9 a.m. – Poultry Show (Show Arena)
- 2 p.m. – Beef (Show Arena)
Friday, July 16
- 9 a.m. – Sheep (Show Arena)
- 10 a.m. – Cat Show (Exhibit Hall)
Saturday, July 17
- 2 p.m. – 4-H Livestock Auction
Please see below for additional fair information.