BEDFORD – The City of Bedford is offering a grant program for small businesses in the City of Bedford impacted
by the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The grant is for-profit businesses located primarily in the City of Bedford.
- Gross receipts equal to or less than $1 million per year
- 100 or fewer employees (full-time and part-time)
- Microenterprises, businesses with 5 or fewer employees, one of which must be the owner are eligible:
- The owner is low to moderate-income; or
- 51 percent of employees retained are low to moderate-income in an aggregated basis
- Businesses must demonstrate direct financial impact/need as a result of COVID-19
- Preference is given to locally-owned businesses
- Preference is given to minority – women – and/or veteran-owned businesses
- Grant amounts will be awarded up to a maximum of $10,000.
To apply complete the application which includes a business Form W-9. You must submit it to the Office of the Mayor, City of Bedford. (See application packet.)
Application forms will be available at Bedford City Hall and on the city’s website.
Applications are to be submitted to Bedford City Hall by June 11, 2021, by the close of business at 4:00 p.m. The applications may be submitted by dropping off or mailing a paper copy or by emailing a scanned/digital copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call City Hall to make arrangements if dropping off.
- All applications received on or before that date and time will be considered filed at the same time.
- Subsequent applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis as long as funds are available.
- The business is required to enter into an agreement or contract to commit to remain open or reopen and make best efforts to remain in business for 2 years retaining the stipulated number of employees.
- The business must also provide annual reports to the city of the business status after the project is closed out.
Guidelines for the reporting will be provided by the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs.
First round opens May 24, 2021 with a deadline of June 11, 2021.
Funding is to be awarded from the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs, through their CDBG CARES Act funding allocation for COVID Response, Phase 3. The total funds available for the Bedford COVID-19 – Phase 3: Small Business Grants program is $260,000.