INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana Department of Child Services, in partnership with The Villages, will host its annual Child Abuse Prevention Month kickoff on Thursday, April 1.
The event will be held virtually on Zoom at 1 p.m. Click here to join.
The kickoff event will feature a variety of speakers, including Gov. Eric Holcomb, DCS Director Terry Stigdon, Prevent Child Abuse America CEO and President Dr. Melissa Merrick, The Villages CEO and President Sharon Pierce and special guest Sharvonne Williams, who took legal guardianship of her little brother to prevent his entry to the child welfare system.
How can you help prevent abuse and neglect?
- If you suspect abuse or neglect, please call the Indiana Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 1-800-800-5556.
- Reach out to parents you know and offer a hand or emotional support.
- Volunteer time to programs that help parents.
- Let all of the children in your life know they can depend on you.
- Advocate for community services to help families.
For more information about adoption and some of Indiana’s waiting children, click here.