Access Indiana, the state’s single sign-on portal for Hoosiers, now connects more than 400,000 users with 33 state government services. The number of users has doubled in the past three months.
Access Indiana provides a more streamlined and secure approach focused on simplifying government for customers. The app now sees more than 18,000 daily user sessions Monday through Friday.
Gov. Holcomb instructed the Office of Technology to implement a service that connected online applications across state government with a single username and password to make accessing government services easier.
Beginning with one application in March 2019, Access Indiana now connects users with 33 state government services that may have previously needed separate logins.
Some Access Indiana services include:
- INBiz – one-stop resource for registering and managing your business (Secretary of State)
- Covid-19 Indiana Patient Portal – Track all your Covid-19 test results (Dept. of Health)
- Job Seeker Portal – apply for jobs or get workforce training (Dept. of Workforce Development)
- Fish & Wildlife – buy hunting and fishing licenses (Dept. of Natural Resources)
- Enterprise Licensing – apply or renew a professional license (Professional Licensing Agency)
Additional services are continually being added to Access Indiana, with the ultimate goal of needing only one user identity to interact online with the state.