(INDIANAPOLIS) – The Indiana Supreme Court annual report is available online.
The 65-page Supreme Court annual report provides information about the work of the Court and its affiliated agencies during the fiscal year from July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020.
In addition to providing statistics on the more than 900 cases considered by the Court, the report also details the administrative work of the judicial branch.
Read the report at courts.in.gov/supreme/files/1920report.pdf.
The five justices heard oral arguments in 45 cases and handed down 57 majority opinions after reading thousands of pages of briefs. In 2019-2020, 62% of Court opinions were unanimous.
A variety of Supreme Court agency initiatives are detailed in the report. It also includes photographs of judicial branch leaders interacting with students, community members, judges, and the press. The report also addresses adjustments made to court operations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
By the end of the fiscal year:
- 346 courts in 81 counties maintained records in the Odyssey case management system
- 256 days of instruction were provided to judicial branch and justice system stakeholders statewide
- 415 applicants passed the Indiana bar exam
- 90 final orders were issued in attorney discipline cases
- 29 judges faced disciplinary action from the Judicial Qualifications Commission
- 504 tweets highlighted opinions and other court announcements
Past annual reports can be found at courts.in.gov/supreme/2484.htm.