(BLOOMINGTON) – The Bloomington Fire Department responded to a house fire at 815 East University Street on Thursday night.
The alarm came in at 8:41 p.m.
Firefighters found the fire confined to one room of the residence.
The Bloomington Fire Department reported the two occupants and a dog escaped from the home uninjured.
Homeowners told firefighters that the electricity had gone off so they lit candles.
One the occupants of the home left the room and when he returned he found a shawl and chair on fire. The occupant tried to extinguish the blaze with water, however, he was unable to put out the fire.
Officials say that the 100-year-old home had smoke and water damage.