(INDIANAPOLIS) – The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) and Voice, Indiana’s youth engagement model for a tobacco-free lifestyle, will host a Youth Day of Action at the Indiana Statehouse to call attention to the impact tobacco and e-cigarette use have on young Hoosiers.
Governor Eric J. Holcomb, State Health Commissioner Kris Box, M.D., FACOG, peer educators and youth advocates from around the state will be in attendance.
The event will be held on Monday, Jan. 27th at the Indiana Statehouse in Indianapolis in the 3rd-floor atrium.
Participants will hear from state and national tobacco control advocates, learn what’s being done to reduce youth vaping in Indiana and engage with Indiana leaders about strategies to reduce youth vaping and use of other tobacco products.
Schedule of events:
- 10:30 a.m.: Welcome from the Indiana State Department of Health
- 10:35 a.m.: Moses Jones, Sweet Deception presenter
- 10:40 a.m.: Youth speakers
- 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.: Youth and lawmaker engagement
- 12:15-12:25 p.m.: Tony Passino, Truth Initiative
- 12:25 p.m.: Governor Holcomb brief remarks