Frankfort Fatal Fire Ruled Accident

(FRANKFORT) – Investigators have ruled a fire that killed a baby boy in Frankfort on Monday as an accident.

Jeremy Ward with the Frankfort Fire Department said in a news release that the fire started in a first-floor bedroom and was likely caused by a portable space heater.

The Clinton County Coroner’s Office has not determined the cause of death for the 8-month-old boy.

The boy’s father and two other kids were able to escape.

A police officer had to be treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns to the face.