(ORLEANS) – Orleans Christmas on the Square is December 14th from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. on the historical Congress Square in downtown Orleans.
The event is sponsored by the Orleans Chamber of Commerce.
- A Santa Hat Run/Walk that will step off at 5:15 p.m. Everyone is invited to participate in this family event. Bring a Santa Hat to wear. Those participating are asked to meet near the bandstand.
- The Children’s Christmas Funtime Express train ride returns and will provide free rides around the decorated historic Congress Square.
- Live holiday entertainment is planned throughout the evening, including special performances from the Orleans Elementary Choir and Orleans High School Band under the direction of Terry Burton.
- The whole family will enjoy the Live Nativity featuring live animals. The Christmas story is sponsored by the Orleans Ministerial Association. The Live Nativity will be on the west side of the town square, adjacent to the Orleans e and adjacent to the Orleans United Methodist Church.
- Horse and carriage rides will be available weather permitting – at the Chamber Welcome Center on the north side of the square.
- Santa Claus will arrive on the towns restored 1926 Peter Pirsch fire engine around 5 p.m. Santa will visit with children at the decorated bandstand near the town’s Christmas Tree. Parents are encouraged to bring their cameras.
- Free “Postcards to Santa” are available from the Chamber Welcome Center, located on the north side of the square. Children can send their Christmas wishes to Santa by dropping the cards in Santa’s Mailbox is in front of Chamber office.
- Vendors will be set up inside the park so those attending can pick up some unique Christmas gifts for loved ones, or some homemade holiday goodies.
For more event information, contact the Orleans Chamber, 812-865-9930, www.historicorleans.com.