(MONTGOMERY) – The 48th Annual Turkey Trot festival kicks off tonight through Sunday at Montgomery Ruritan Park.
Some new events have been added to the event, says spokesman Tony Showalter. One of those events is a lawnmower demolition derby.
Another is a junior mud volleyball tourney for kids. It will begin at 1 p.m. on Sunday. The adult mud volleyball tourney will begin at 11:30 a.m.
Carnival rides open tonight at 5 p.m. Rides are free with paid admission.
A Four Day Season pass cost $45, Today tickets cost $10, Friday and Saturday $20, Sunday $10 and Kids are $5 daily.
Tickets are available at area banks, Jones and Sons Viking Mart, the Ruritan Park Office, and from any Barr Reeve Band member.
The Turkey Race will begin at 6 p.m.
Bingo will take place in the community center beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the Community Building.
Truck Outlaw Class and Tractor Pulls will begin at 6:45 p.m.
The Beer Garden will be open from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m.
Schedule of Events:
Thursday, September 5th
- 5 PM – Carnival Ride Attractions Free with paid admission
- 6 PM – Turkey Races (At the Track)
- 6:15 PM – Media Turkey Race (At the Track)
- 6:30 PM – Bingo, (Community Building)
- 6:45 PM – Truck Outlaw Class and Tractor Pulls (at the Track)
- 6 PM – 10 PM – Beverages In the Garden
Friday, September 6th
- 5 PM – Carnival Ride Attractions Free with paid admissions
- 6:30 PM – Turkey Race Heats (At the Track)
- 8 PM – Ned Ledoux Show (On Stage)
- 10 PM – 1 AM – Trey Hughes Band In the Garden
Saturday, September 7th
- 10:30 AM – Open Horse Pulls (at the track)
- 11 AM – Carnival Ride Attractions Free with paid admission
- 11:30 AM – Co-ed Mud Volleyball (at the Pit)
- 11:30 PM – Cornhole Tourney Sign-up (At Annex Bldg.)
- 12 PM – Cornhole Tourney (At Annex Bldg.)
- 12 PM – Texas Holdem Tourney (At Annex Bldg.)
- 1 PM – Pedal Tractor Pull Registration (Comm. Bldg.)
- 1:30 PM – Pedal Tractor Pull (Comm. Bldg. Parking Lot)
- 1:30 PM – 3 Pt. Free Throw Contest (By Comm. Bldg.)
- 1:30 PM – Challenger Games-Sprint/Running
- 6:30 PM – Turkey Race (Semi-Finals) (At the Track)
- 8 PM – Tracy Lawrence Show (On Stage)
- 10 PM – 1 AM – “Good Times”-DJ In the Garden
Sunday, September 8th
- 12 PM – Carnival Ride Attractions Free with paid admissions
- 12:15 PM – Turkey Race Championship (At the Track)
- 12:30 PM – Lawn Mower Demo (At the Track)
- 12:45 PM – Power Wheels Demo (At the Track)
- 1 PM – Co-Ed Mud Volleyball-Grades (At the Pit)
- 1:30 PM – Demolition Derby (At the Track)