(BLOOMINGTON) – Bloomington’s busy summer improvement season continues with multiple projects underway across the city. Weather permitting, the Department of Public Works’ Street Division are paving streets on the following schedule this week:
- Monday, June 10 – South Bradshire Court
- Tuesday/Wednesday, June 11/12 – West Clubhouse Drive from North Kinser Pike to North Old State Road 37
- Thursday, June 14 – East Treadwell Lane
As updated at https://bloomington.in.gov/inroads/events, lane restrictions and street closures will be in place at these locations. The department updates the paving schedule at this map: https://bloomington.in.gov/interactive/maps/pavingschedule
The Brighten B-town initiative has succeeded in painting more than 10,600 linear feet of curb in the first two geographical zones it has addressed, as well as removing 3,695 pounds of curbside debris, among other achievements. Since April 1, staff from multiple City departments have coordinated efforts to deliver upkeep and maintenance services block by block. Brighten B-town progress may be charted at https://data.bloomington.in.gov/dataset/brighten-b-town-status
Engineering projects being overseen by the City’s Department of Planning and Transportation continue, entailing traffic restrictions as follows:
- The Bloomington Transit bus stop at Lismore Drive and West 17th Street that had been relocated to facilitate the 17th Street Reconstruction Project has been returned to normal service. The project to add pedestrian infrastructure and roadway improvements along the busy corridor is scheduled for completion by the fall of 2019. More information about the project can be found at https://bloomington.in.gov/engineering/projects/17th
- North Jordan Avenue between 10th and 7th Streets continues to be closed to traffic to allow the City of Bloomington Utilities Department to replace an existing 6” cast iron water main with a new 12” water main. Work is progressing despite the inclement weather and the road is scheduled to reopen on or before June 28.
- Construction of the missing gap in the existing multi-use path along the north side of 2nd/Bloomfield Road between Adams Street and Patterson Drive continues with the installation of sidewalks and curb ramps at the intersection of South Patterson Drive and West 2nd Street. This project will construct a multi-use path along the north side of W. 2nd St/W. Bloomfield Rd. from S. Patterson Dr. to S. Adams St. It will also construct improvements for the signalized intersections of W. Bloomfield Rd. at S. Landmark Ave. and W. 2nd Street at S. Patterson Dr. The federally-funded project is included in the Bloomington/Monroe County Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP). Construction completion is slated for fall 2019. More information about the Second & Bloomfield Multimodal Safety Project is available at https://bloomington.in.gov/engineering/projects/bloomfield.