(UNDATED) – Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) and Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) have published the DEIS for the I-69 Ohio River Crossing (I-69 ORX) project between Henderson, KY, and Evansville, IN.
DEIS and Preferred Alternatives
INDOT and KYTC have published the DEIS, which identifies the Central Alternative as the preferred route for the proposed I-69 Ohio River Crossing. There are two preferred alternatives with different tolling options. Central Alternative 1A would toll both the I-69 bridge and the remaining US 41 bridge. Central Alternative 1B would toll only the I-69 bridge.
Public Hearings Scheduled
The first hearing will be held Monday, January 7, 2019, from 5 to 8 p.m. Central time at Henderson Community College, Preston Arts Center, 2660 S. Green St., Henderson, KY 42420. Doors will open at
A second hearing will be held Tuesday, January 8, 2019, from 5 to 8 p.m. Central time at the Old National Events Plaza, Locust meeting rooms, 715 Locust St., Evansville, IN 47708. Doors will open at
Each hearing will include a brief presentation from the Project Team at 6 p.m. followed by a formal public comment session. The team will be on hand to address questions and comments before and after the presentations.
Attendees may make a public comment at the hearing, provide verbal comments to a court reporter or may return or mail a comment form available at the public hearings and online.
With advance notice, special accommodations will be made for individuals needing auxiliary aids or services of interpreters, signers, readers, or large print. Anyone with such needs should contact Rickie Clark with INDOT’s Office of Public Involvement at 317-232-6601 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DEIS, including the documentation specified in 36 CFR 800.11(e), is available online.
- I-69 Ohio River Crossing Project Office: 320 Eagle Crest Dr., Suite C, Evansville, IN
- I-69 Ohio River Crossing Project Office: 1970 Barrett Ct., Suite 100, Henderson, KY
- Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library (EVPL) Central Library: 200 SE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Evansville, IN
- EVPL – East Branch: 840 E. Chandler Ave., Evansville, IN
- EVPL – McCollough Branch: 5115 Washington Ave., Evansville, IN
- Henderson Public Library: 101 S. Main St., Henderson, KY
- Henderson County Judge/Executive: 20 N. Main St., Henderson, KY
- Housing Authority of Henderson: 111 S. Adams St., Henderson, KY
- KYTC Central Office: 200 Mero St., Frankfort, KY
- KYTC District 2 Office: 1840 N. Main St., Madisonville, KY
- INDOT Central Office: 100 N. Senate Ave., Indianapolis, IN
- INDOT Vincennes District Office: 3560 S. US 41, Vincennes, IN
In the event of inclement weather resulting in the closing of the meeting venue, the hearing will be postponed to alternate dates. The Henderson snow date is Wednesday, January 9, and the Evansville snow date is Thursday, January 10. Information about rescheduling the hearings will be sent to the news media and posted to www.i69ohiorivercrossing.com.
In addition to providing written or verbal comments at the public hearings, the public may submit written comments on the DEIS, including the documentation specified in 36 CFR 800.11(e) through February 8, 2019, via the comment form at https://I69OhioRiverCrossing.com/contact, via email to info@I69OhioRiverCrossing.com or by mail to the project offices.
During the public comment period the Evansville office (320 Eagle Crest Drive, Suite C, Evansville, IN 47715) will be open Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.; and the Henderson office (1970 Barrett Court, Suite 100, Henderson, KY 42420) will be open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central time.
The Project Team is available outside of the office hours by appointment. Those requesting appointments should call (888) 515-9756 or email info@I69OhioRiverCrossing.com.