(BEDFORD) – The first annual Bedford Firefighters Open took place on Saturday as 18 teams took to the Otis Golf Course for a good cause.
“This is the biggest fundraiser for kid’s Christmas, fire prevention and also Lawrence County Cancer Patient Services,” said Dane Fountain, one of the organizers of Saturday’s event.
“For our first event we are pleased with the turnout; happy with the amount of sponsorships and the community stepped up to support this project,” said Fountain.
Carrie Isom and Wendy Fountain helped with the event. “We have been able to enjoy Otis Park during this beautiful fall. The Bedford Fire Department has put on a wonderful event and for a great cause,” said Fountain.
“We have been very blessed to have such a wonderful golf course,” said Isom.
Here is a list of winners from the event:
- 1st Place Team BedFed – Shea Hooten, Jason Terrell, Aaron Sanders, Andrew Lafferty
- 2nd Place Team Wrono’s Lawn Care/Craftsman Construction – Andy Wagner, Adam Zehr, Alex Webb, Josh Burris
- 3rd Place JC Isom, Lance Deaton, Zach See, Daniel Jenkins
- Winner of the 50/50 – Bruce Deckard
The Bedford Fire Local #728 would like to thank the following sponsors:
- Bedford Federal Savings Bank
- Hoosier Hills Credit Union
- Crane Credit Union
- Bender Lumber Company
- Kirby Risk
- Day & Carter Mortuary
- Karen Chase
- Riley Construction
- Fortner Pest Control
- Steele’s Barber Shop
- J& J Painting
- Roots RV & Sales Inc.
- Tumey’s Auto Detailing
- Fountain Contracting LLC
- Wrono’s Lawn Care and Craftsman Construction
- Hawkins & Bailey
- Tom Hannify
- Bruce Deckard
- Spark Media
- Mike Hopper/ Farm Bureau Insurance
- Doub Construction
- Florence Electric
- TJ Williams Body Shop
- Lineal Construction
- Dr. Jim Sowders/Dr. Andrea Rope