Firefighters contain kitchen grease fire

MITCHELL – The quick action of Mitchell firefighters contained a kitchen fire, preventing it from spreading.

Firefighters responded to the fire at 1:57 a.m. on Friday after Central Dispatch received a 911 call. Marion Township VFD firefighters also responded to the blaze reported in the 900 block of Main Street.

According to Mitchell VFD Assistant Fire Chief Wayne Coble a person who was cooking had a grease fire they could not extinguish.

Firefighters remained on the scene until around 3:00 a.m.