INDIANA – As part of the continued work on the I-69 Finish Line Project, Bobby Helms Boulevard, named for the “Jingle Bell Rock” singer, is now open for north-south traffic within Artesian Square.
Bobby Helms Boulevard is one of two access roads honoring prominent figures in Martinsville history. Ruth Rusie Way, named after the longtime teacher and community volunteer, connects east-west traffic with a new traffic signal on Ohio Street.
They provide access to businesses along Ohio Street that had driveways closed for I-69 interchange construction.
- Waterline work starting today will close lanes on northbound State Road 37/Harding Street and the I-465 interchange exit ramps between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. each day. One lane near the Pilot Travel Center will be closed through early November. Read Friday’s traffic alert to see a map and learn more.
- Bridge work on the future Southport Road over I-69 requires nighttime single lane closures on S.R. 37. Traffic signal construction west of S.R. 37 at Wellingshire Boulevard and the realigned Belmont Avenue will stop nighttime Southport Road traffic intermittently for up to 20 minutes.
- Night work will close lanes along I-465 between Mann Road and I-65 with 20-minute stops this week near the White River for dynamic message sign removal. Ongoing Carson Avenue overpass replacement requires intermittent nightly closures of the I-65 southbound ramp to I-465 westbound.
- Daily drainage pipe installation will restrict Wicker Road to one lane near S.R. 37. A temporary signal alternates two-way traffic between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Bridge work on the future Smith Valley Road over I-69 will require single lane closures on S.R. 37 midweek between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Bluff Road near the former Bluffdale Road intersection with S.R. 37 is closed for a month for realignment. Drivers can access either end of the closure from Fairview Road to the north or Wakefield Road to the south.
- Steel posts are being delivered along Old S.R. 37 near the Oak Meadows Mobile Home Community ahead of noise barrier work that is expected to begin in the coming weeks.
- Median cable barrier installation and S.R. 37 lane closures continue this week between Martinsville and Henderson Ford Road. The lanes are expected to open permanently this fall after permanent striping work is completed.
- Roundabout construction progress is expected to shift Waverly Park Road/Old S.R. 37 traffic today south of S.R. 144.
- An INDOT truss bridge rehabilitation project is expected to close S.R. 135 south of S.R. 252 in Morgantown for a few weeks, starting next week. Click here to see a map and learn more.