DAVIESS CO. – The Daviess County Community Foundation awarded $50,000 in grants to ten local nonprofit organizations through its 2022 Capital Projects Grants Program.
Capital Projects Grants Program is made possible by the Community Good Unrestricted Funds and Field of Interest Funds with the Daviess County Community Foundation.
The grants awarded are:
• $5,500 to Barr-Reeve Community School Corporation to purchase a CPR manikin set, an educational AED trainer, a hemorrhage control training kit, and a choking training vest.
• $10,000 to the Washington Police Department to assist with the purchase of a fully equipped Polaris Ranger off-road utility vehicle.
• $12,000 to Daviess County Family YMCA to assist with the installation of two single court volleyball systems and two front folding basketball units with backboards and breakaway rims.
• $3,000 to Memorial Hospital Foundation to purchase a medication refrigerator and a Urisys machine for the new pediatric provider at the Washington clinic.
• $4,725 to Daviess County Historical Society to purchase four Reader Rails to provide educational information about the exhibits.
• $2,000 to Daviess County Partnership, Inc. to assist with the purchase of a desktop business computer or laptop.
• $3,825 to Veale Creek Theatre for the repair of the ceiling in the foyer and the cost to insulate the attic.
• $5,000 to Odon Winkelpleck Public Library to assist with the purchase of needed equipment, software, licenses, professional installation services, and staff training for mobile printing capabilities.
• $2,700 to First Choice Solutions to assist with the purchase of a new copier for the staff and ministry; and
• $1,250 to Southwest Indiana Powerhouse to assist with the purchase of lawn mowers for the PowerUp Program to teach job skills to teenagers.