On July 8, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) updated its Quality Payment Program Participation Status Tool based on the first snapshot of Alternative Payment Model (APM) data. The first snapshot includes data from Medicare Part B claims with dates of service between January 1, 2022 and March 31, 2022.
The tool includes 2022 Qualifying APM Participant (QP) status and Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) APM participation status.
To learn more about how CMS determines QP and the APM participation status for each snapshot, please visit the QPP website.
What Does QP Status Mean?
If you qualify as a QP, this means you are:
- Eligible for the 5% APM incentive bonus;
- Eligible for APM-specific rewards; and
- Exempt from participating in MIPS.
How Do I Check My QP or APM Participation Status?
To view your QP or APM participation status:
- Visit the QPP Participation Status Tool.
- Enter your 10-digit National Provider Identifier (NPI).