BEDFORD – Each year the Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce presents a Community Service Award and a Business Beautification Award at its Annual Dinner.
Officials are excited to add three new awards to their presentation at this year’s 106th Annual Dinner will take place on Friday, August 12th at the Lawrence County Fairgrounds Expo Hall. To purchase a ticket visit Chamber Connection or at
Nominations for each of these 5 awards are now being accepted:
- Community Service Award: a living individual who has or continues to go beyond normal duties of citizenship for this community.
- Business Beautification Award: a business that has made improvements to its physical appearance in the past year
- Business Hall of Fame: a business that has contributed significantly to the economic and community landscape of Lawrence County during its operation inside of Lawrence County
- Small Business of the Year: a business with less than 100 employees that had significant growth or change recently, and/or played a key part in community development
- Non-Profit of the Year: a non-profit organization that has made significant strides in the past year to successfully address its mission while enriching lives in Lawrence County for the better
The past 5 winners of the Community Service Award include Brad Dykes, Susan Miller, Bill Morris, Joseph W. Elliott, and Steve Warren.
Submit your nominations by completing our online nomination form which can be found at bedfordchamber.com under the CONNECT tab. Letters of nomination can also be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the Chamber, located at 1116 16th Street, Bedford. Nominations will be accepted until Friday, July 15th.