MARION CO. – New York Street is currently closed under I-65 between Davidson Street and Pine Street for overhead beam erection and will now be completed on or after midnight on Tuesday, February 22, weather permitting. The closure has been extended due to recent high winds preventing crews from placing beams.
All eastbound traffic will be redirected to Ohio Street throughout the duration of this closure. All pedestrian traffic will be redirected to Vermont Street.
During the closure of New York Street, local street parking will be temporarily restricted on Davidson Street. Local access to businesses between College Avenue and Davidson Street will be maintained. Traffic flow in the area will be monitored throughout the duration of the closure.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from Ohio Street, Michigan Street and New York Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
Project information can be found at northsplit.com.
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, visit northsplit.com or text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NorthSplit
- Twitter: @NorthSplit
- Instagram: @IndyNorthSplit
Indiana motorists can monitor road closures, road conditions, and traffic alerts any time throughout the state, here: https://www.in.gov/indot/2420.htm.
For details on the lane restrictions and closures associated with the current work, please visit 511 Cars for more information.