INDIANAPOLIS – Bankers Life Fieldhouse, located in downtown Indianapolis and the home of the Indiana Pacers and Indiana Fever basketball teams is currently undergoing renovation.
Part of the renovation includes the solicitation and commissioning of artwork for the new Key Bank Suites level, as well as the Main Concourse and the Balcony levels.
The artwork program’s intention is to tell key stories about Indiana basketball, Indianapolis, the Pacers and the Fever, and Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The Arts Council of Indianapolis is looking to involve artists in the following ways:
- Purchases of existing, original artwork for installation (Deadline 10/10)
- License fees for high-quality images of existing artwork (physical or digital), to be reproduced at varying scales or incorporated into larger compositions (Deadline 10/10)
- Commissions of new artwork, to be created on a moderate scale and licensed for exact reproduction at large scale (Deadline 10/31)
- Commissions of new, original artwork intended to be framed and installed (Deadline 10/31)
- Commissions of new, site-specific mural artwork to be executed onsite by the artist, including a graffiti mural in the Team Store (Deadline 9/26)
There will be a virtual application workshop for the Team Store Graffiti Mural on Monday, September 13 at 6:00 p.m. ET and a virtual workshop for all other opportunities on Thursday, September 16 at 6:00 p.m. ET.