INDIANA – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention federal eviction moratorium expired on July 31st. Funding was available to help renters in Indiana who have been impacted by the pandemic and who needed assistance with their rent and/or utilities.
The Indiana Emergency Rental Assistance program provided up to 12 months of rental and utility assistance. Renters in need of assistance could apply directly based on their community’s program.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau launched an online tool to help renters and landlords find their assistance programs.
Community ERA Programs and Websites
- Elkhart County - Elkhartcounty.com/rentalassistance
- Hamilton County - HCTAIndiana.com
- Lake County - LakeCountyIN.care
- Marion County - Indyrent.org
- St. Joseph County - sjcindiana.com/2019/Emergency-Rental-Assistance-Program
- City of Fort Wayne - fwcommunitydevelopment.org/housing/renter-assistance
- Indiana (renters outside of locations listed above) - Indianahousingnow.org