INDIANA – The Indiana Arts Commission announced that it has awarded $3,038,223 to 390 nonprofits to fund arts projects and organizations around the state through the Arts Project Support and Arts Organization Support grant programs.
During its June 25 Quarterly Business Meeting, the Commission approved the funding recommendations for the two grant programs. Applications were reviewed by 167 Hoosiers from around the state with expertise in arts, community development, and finance.
“The projects and organizations that are receiving funding have major positive impacts on the cultural, economic, and educational climate of Indiana,” said Alberta Barker, chair of the Indiana Arts Commission. “The Commission is impressed at the work being done around the state and is excited to support investment in Hoosier communities.”
As a part of this investment, the commission awarded $1,000 merit awards to 52 organizations receiving Arts Organization Support to recognize their innovation and dedication to providing public benefit in the last year.
Five Indiana libraries received grants from the Commission.
- The Charlestown-Clark County Public Library received an Arts Project Support grant in the amount of $4,925
- The Flora-Monroe Township Public Library received an Arts Project Support grant in the amount of $1,940
- The Johnson County Public Library received an Arts Project Support grant in the amount of $4,290
- The Morgan County Public Library received an Arts Project Support grant in the amount of $3,200
- The Kurt Vonnegut Museum and Library received an Arts Organization Support grant in the amount of $11,978
All Arts Project Support grant recipients can be viewed here.