INDIANA – The Indiana General Assembly has allocated $500 million to Indiana’s Regional Economic Acceleration and Development Initiative (READI).
The Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC) released guidance and a timeline for READI. Regions must identify themselves by July 1 and regional development plans are due by August 31.
Additionally, federal recovery and infrastructure legislation will bring billions of dollars to Indiana, and with them the opportunity to center community economic development in rebuilding a stronger and more equitable Indiana. This includes more than $3 billion allocated to Indiana for State & Local Fiscal Recovery funds from the American Rescue Plan Act.
These funding streams are two unique opportunities impacting communities’ work, and Prosperity Indiana wants to facilitate conversations on how these programs will benefit your community.
Join Prosperity Indiana’s NOW PUBLIC calls on June 21 from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. (EDT) for information on each opportunity and to have your questions answered by professionals in the community and economic development field.
Indiana’s Regional Economic Acceleration and Development Initiative (READI) Call
Tuesday, June 22, 2021
2:30 p.m. EDT
- Luke Bosso, SVP & Chief of Staff, Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDA)
- Rich Overmoyer, President & CEO, Fourth Economy Consulting
Federal Recovery & the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Call
Monday, June 28, 2021
2:30 p.m. EDT
- Rhonda Cook, Deputy Director and Chief Federal & State Policy Officer, Accelerate Indiana Municipalities (AIM)
- Wesley Tharpe, Deputy Director of the State Policy Research Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP)
- Frank Woodruff, Executive Director, National Alliance of Community Economic Development Associations (NACEDA)