BEDFORD – The Bedford Housing Authority received $319,817 in annual capital funds from Housing and Urban Development.
The funds will be used to make improvements to facilities at the Hauck House and Hamilton Courts Apartments.
Bedford Housing Authority also received an additional $43,434 in shortfall funds. More funds are possible once the Bedford Housing Authority completes reporting and other requirements issued by HUD.
Those requirements include reviewing and negotiating contracts within the agency, review operations, submitting meeting minutes, submitting financial reports, and board training.
Bids for waste removal are now being accepted, the board will approve the bids at the next meeting.
In other business:
- Center – Point moderation project is underway and Spartan Mechanical has been awarded a contract in the amount of $42,525 to upgrade gas connections at the meter.
- Center – Point gas is placing gas lines underground at Hamilton Court Apartments.
- The board hired a temporary employee while a full-time employee is out on medical leave.
- Tornado drills will be conducted on an annual basis. Information will be provided to both Hauck House and Hamilton Court residents on what to do in the event of a tornado.
- The board is looking to fill a vacancy on the board of directors.