Home damaged from a fire Saturday afternoon

MITCHELL – A home in the 2900 block of Spice Valley Road had minor damage after a bottle rocket was fired at squirrels Saturday afternoon, and ended up catching a dryer vent on fire.

Firefighters from Marion, Mitchell, and Huron Volunteer Fire departments responded to the fire at 4:30 p.m. Saturday.

When firefighters arrived they found the dryer vent on fire and that fire spread inside the walls of the home.

The fire was able to be put out with a water extinguisher.

Marion Township responded with four apparatus and 10 firefighters, Mitchell with one brush rig and two firefighters, and Huron VFD with one apparatus and four firefighters.