Fire destroys home in remodel process Wednesday night

BEDFORD – A man who was trying to make a better place to live for his two children, lost their home Wednesday night in a fire in the 100 block of Breezy Hill Lane.

“We just moved in two weeks ago, remodeling the home trying to make a better place for my two children. Now this happens, I am lost for words,” said Dillion Sipes.

The 911 call came in at 10:40 p.m. bringing Shawswick, Oolitic, Marshall, Indian Creek Township Volunteer Fire Departments with several engines and tankers.

Everyone was able to make it outside the home, and there were no injuries reported while fighting the fire.

Firefighters work to bring a fire under control Wednesday night.

Firefighters arrived to find the home fully involved. Wind speeds of 13 miles per hour gusts made fighting the fire difficult.

With wind speeds of 13 miles per hour and even higher wind gusts, fighting the fire was made difficult.

The firefighters were able to get the fire under control within 45 minutes of the call.

Asia Ramsey fills several air bottles for firefighters.

At this time the fire is under investigation. Bobby Brown, fire chief of Shawswick Township Volunteer Fire Department, was unable to to provide further details at this time.

“I am not really sure, how it started we have family that we will be staying with,” said Sipes.

A firefighter battling wind gusts to get the water to reach the fire Wednesday night.

In addition to the four fire departments, IU Health Ambulance service also responded to the fire.