(UNDATED) – The Indiana Commission for Higher Education is extending the grant deadline for the 2021 School and Community Partnership Grant to February 19 at 5 p.m. EST.
These grants are designed to bring together K-12 schools, postsecondary institutions, employers, and community organizations to plan and implement supportive efforts for students of all ages to complete education and training beyond high school.
With approximately $80,000 available, the School and Community Partnership Grant is designed to support collaborative efforts of the state’s college and career readiness priorities, including:
- Completing the 21st Century Scholars’ Scholar Success Program and maintaining academic eligibility with at least a 2.5 grade point average;
- Family engagement programming, including enrollment in the 21st Century Scholars program and promotion of the state’s Next Level Jobs program; and
- Pre-college and postsecondary professional development focused on Indiana’s college achievement gap.
“Our community partners are essential in helping increase the number of Hoosiers with quality education and training beyond high school,” said Indiana Commissioner for Higher Education Teresa Lubbers. “We hope that by extending the grant submission deadline more community organizations will take advantage of this opportunity.”
Funding for the School and Community Partnership Grant is made possible through Indiana Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR UP). Led by a team of staff from Purdue University and the Commission, one of the primary goals of Indiana GEAR UP is to increase the number of students who are prepared to enter and succeed in postsecondary education.
Eligible applicants can apply for up to $5,000 for spring and summer programming. If the partnership directly supports an Indiana GEAR UP cohort high school, it increases the award amount to $10,000. The winners will implement suggested programs and events from the end of February through July 19, 2021.
Indiana GEAR UP Cohort High Schools
- Arsenal Technical High School
- Charlestown High School
- Crawford County High School
- Jefferson High School
- Jeffersonville High School
- Kokomo High School
- Maconaquah High School
- Muncie Central High School
- Purdue Polytechnic High School (Downtown)
- Warren Central High School
- West Side Leadership Academy
For more information about the School and Community Partnership Grant, visit https://learnmoreindiana.org/scholars/alumni-partners/.