Woman Arrested After Fatal Accident

(BEDFORD) – A warrant was issued for the arrest of 40-year-old Felisa Spinelli, of Bloomington, after she was identified as the driver involved in a crash in Oolitic that caused her daughter’s death.

Spinelli is facing charges of operating a vehicle with a schedule I or II controlled substance causing death, operating a vehicle with a schedule I or II controlled substance, and refusal of chemical test after serious bodily injury or a fatal crash.

Police say Spinelli’s blood test showed she had been drinking and she had THC in her blood from using marijuana.

Felisa Spinelli

According to police, 16-year-old Tabrea Spinell, of Bloomington, suffered internal injuries in the two-vehicle accident on State Road 37 and Main Street in Oolitic on Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 10:02 p.m.

A Stat Flight helicopter landed at the scene and transported Tabrea to Norton Children’s Hospital in Louisville, Kentucky, where she passed away from her injuries.

Bedford Fire Department extrication, Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department, Bedford Police Department, Oolitic and Shawswick Volunteer Fire Departments, and IU Health Hospital ambulances and a Seals ambulances crew responded to the scene.

Three ambulances transported four patients to IU Health Bloomington Hospital.

State Road 37 and Main Street in Oolitic were closed while officers investigated the crash.

According to a Lawrence County Police report, 25-year-old Donald Todd, of Bedford, was traveling northbound in a 2004 Ford F-150 on State Road 37 and had the green light when a 2012 Dodge Challenger, driven by Felisa Spinelli, drove into the path of his vehicle.

Felisa Spinelli told police she couldn’t remember what happened.

Todd suffered facial injuries. His passenger, 20-year-old Cortney Williams, of Bedford, complained of stomach and hip pain.

Spinelli complained of back pain. She was requested to have a blood-alcohol draw at the hospital.

Her passenger, 16-year-old Salis Greer, of Oolitic, complained of neck pain and Tabrea Spinell, who suffered internal injuries, later died at the hospital.