(BLOOMINGTON) – The Shalom Community Center’s Virtual Sleep -Out Fundraiser raised more than $44,080 from solidarity sleepers in Bloomington, Bedford, Bloomfield, Greenwood, and as far away as Greenwood.
This act of solidarity helps bring awareness to many people who sleep outside every night and collect funds to help people find a safe haven of shelter and support.
The group is only $8,644 away from meeting their goal of raising $50,000.
The goal of $50,000 is about a third of the annual costs of the Friends Place shelter. More than 641 donors have given to the cause as of Sunday afternoon.
Here is what your donation supports:
- $12 provides a night of shelter
- $36 provides a weekend of shelter
- $84 provides a week of shelter
- $372 provides a month of shelter
- $540 provides 45 days of shelter, which is the average stay for a guest at Friend’s Place.
To donate to Shalom visit http://www.mightycause/event/sleepout/2020