(UNDATED) – Beginning Monday, all Hoosiers ages 8 and older must wear masks at indoor public places, while using public transportation and when they cannot social distance outside.
Governor Eric Holcomb will sign the order today.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported 954 new positive coronavirus cases Thursday, bringing the state’s total to 59,602. Those new cases were reported to ISDH in the last 24 hours.
This was a new record number of new COVID-19 cases for the state.
The highest daily total the state had reported was 946 new cases on April 26.
ISDH also announced an additional 17 confirmed deaths from COVID-19, bringing Indiana’s total to 2,683. Another 197 probable deaths have been reported based on clinical diagnoses in patients for whom no positive test is on record. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
- Lawrence County – 287 confirmed cases, 27 deaths, 3,927 tested
- Monroe County – 530 confirmed cases, 29 deaths, 12,379 tested
- Orange County – 153 confirmed cases, 24 deaths, 1,531 tested
- Jackson County – 514 confirmed cases, 3 deaths, 4,269 tested
- Greene County – 218 confirmed cases, 34 deaths, 2,828 tested
- Martin County – 38 confirmed cases, 0 deaths, 649 tested
To date, 666,283 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 654,413 on Wednesday.