Woman Uninjured In Mobile Home Fire Monday Morning

(ORLEANS) – A Orleans woman was uninjured in a mobile home fire Monday morning in the 700 block of Washington Street.

“I woke up to a man pounding on my door telling me my home was on fire,” said Megan Polaski.

An Orange County Rural District #2 firefighter discovered the blaze at 7:24 a.m. Monday morning. Firefighters from Orleans and Orange County Rural District #2 responded to the blaze.

“I am currently missing a cat that ran away from the home when the fire started. I have three cats and a dog that all escaped the blaze,” said Polaski.

The fire started in the kitchen of the home, damaging several appliances and furniture. Polaski rented the mobile home and did not have renters insurance.

“I am currently needing some kitchen appliances, cookware, dishes, pots and pans,” said Polaski. Anyone wishing to help can contact Megan at 812-276-6580. She is currently staying with her grandmother until she can get re-established.