(BEDFORD) – The following is a tentative schedule for the flushing of fire hydrants for the City of Bedford.
The schedule is subject to change if each day’s work is not completed as scheduled or in case of inclement weather.
Customers may notice fluctuations in pressure and/or discoloration of their tap water during hydrant flushing. If water appears discolored, customers are advised to run their cold water until it clears.
It is recommended that customers postpone washing laundry and limit the use of hot water until the cold water clears.
Sunday Night, Monday Night – July 12 – 13
- Everything South of 19th St and West of Mitchell Rd including Broadview Addition,
- Fresenius Medical Care, St. Vincent Dunn Hospital, Garden Villa, Bliss House and Stonebridge
Tuesday Night, Wednesday Night – July 14 – 15
- 16th Street West of M St, Edgewood Addition, IU Health Bedford, Bex Addition, and Westview Manor
Thursday Night, Sunday Night – July 16, July 19
- East of Mitchell Rd/South of 16th St. Brook Knoll, Glen Meadows, Shandell Dr and Core Nursing home
Monday Night, Tuesday Night – July 20 – 21
- John Williams Blvd, All of Lincoln Ave, 15th & M West, 8th St South to 16th St
Wednesday Night, Thursday Night – July 22 – 23
- East of Lincoln Ave and North of 15th Street