(BEDFORD) – Hoosier Hills Credit Union recently awarded scholarships to 10 graduating area high school students, continuing the Credit Union’s program of helping students pursue higher education.
Scholarships in the amount of $500 were presented to students who are, or whose parents or guardians are, members of HHCU, in the top third of their class. and who participated in school and community activities. Recipients must be enrolled as a full- time student at an approved college and be recommended by the school’s Scholarship Committee or a scholarship foundation.
Recipients of 2019-20 HHCU scholarships are:
- Savannah Hudelson and Ty McBride, Bedford North Lawrence High School
- Ashlee Rice, Heritage Hills High School
- Madison Foley and Cole Taber, Jasper High School
- Jarrett Phillips, Mitchell High School
- Lillia Camp, Orleans High School
- Harley Bush, Paoli High School
- Kelly Sammons, Springs Valley High School
- Mollie Arnold, Tell City High School
“It has never been more important to invest in our youth, and I’m proud to carry on the tradition of our scholarship program,” said HHCU President/CEO Travis Markley. “Helping reward these students for their hard work and goals of higher education is a direct way we can carry out our mission of making a positive difference in the lives of our members and our communities.”
For information on when to apply for scholarships, students should contact their school’s Guidance Office during the first semester of the 2020-21 school year.
For more information on the scholarship program and other HHCU membership benefits, visit hoosierhills.com/member-benefits/.