(UNDATED) – Neighbors across the country will soon have an exciting opportunity to help change their communities for the better through State Farm Neighborhood Assist®.
Back for its ninth year, the program awards $25,000 grants to 40 nonprofit organizations to help fund neighborhood improvement projects. With the many challenges facing communities across the country, State Farm is removing all category requirements for submissions this year.
State Farm invites the public to submit a community cause about which they’re passionate and to rally behind that cause for a chance to win a $25,000 grant through State Farm Neighborhood Assist. Anyone 18 years of age and older in the U.S. can participate.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The cause submission phase starts on July 15 and ends when 2,000 submissions are reached.
- Prepare now by going to www.neighborhoodassist.com and downloading the submission guide.
- U.S. residents 18 years of age and older can participate.
- Each person can submit one cause.
- All you have to do is submit the cause; you don’t have to “run the program.”
State Farm Neighborhood Assist, a crowd-sourced philanthropic initiative, lets communities determine where grant funding is awarded. The application is short and simple, and you can learn more by visiting www.neighborhoodassist.com. You, or someone you know, could be the catalyst for positive change. Your application will be judged based on your answers to the following three questions:
- How much does the Cause focus on an unmet need in this community?
- Why do you feel the $25,000 would address the unmet need?
- How much of a lasting impact on this community would the grant have?
After the 2,000 submissions are reached, the State Farm Review Committee will judge all the submissions to identify the Top 200 finalists. These 200 finalists will then be uploaded to www.neighborhoodassist.com to be voted on by you and your community.
The voting phase will last from September 23-October 2 and each person gets up to 10 votes per day, every day during those 10 days.
The Top 40 causes with the most votes will each win a $25,000 grant from State Farm! Winners will be announced on November 4/
Key Dates for 2020 State Farm Neighborhood Assist:
- Submission phase: Starts July 15 and ends when 2,000 submissions are reached
- Voting Phase: Sept. 23-Oct. 2
- Winners Announced: Nov. 4