(ORLEANS) – The Orleans High School Alumni Banquet, scheduled for June 6, has been canceled due to concerns with the COVID-19 pandemic.
The banquet will not be rescheduled for this year.
Robert F. Henderson, President of the Orleans Alumni Association, said the group had been in close contact with county health officials and at one point looked at options of rescheduling for later in the year.
“However sadly at the end that simply did not seem feasible,” he said.
For almost 140 years the annual banquet has been a tradition on the first Saturday in June.
Next year’s date will be June 5th.