(UNDATED) – MetroNet is installing unrestricted Wi-Fi hotspots in many of the markets it serves, including at various stores in Indiana. The hotspot will be operational beginning today and will operate 24 hours a day for short-term use by anyone in urgent need of internet access. The service is available to anyone, including non-MetroNet customers, by parking near the storefront. Users are advised to following public health guidelines and maintain physical distance from others while using free internet access.
See below locations where these hotspots can be accessed:
- Wabash, IN – 146 W. Market St., Wabash, IN 46992
- Huntington, IN – 438 N Jefferson St., Huntington, IN 46750
- Greencastle, IN – 15 S. Indiana St., Greencastle, IN 46135
- Crawfordsville, IN – 2400 Lafayette Rd., Crawfordsville, IN 47933
- Vincennes, IN – 287 North 15th St., Vincennes, IN 47591
- Lafayette, IN – 414 N. Earl Ave., Lafayette, IN 47904
- Franklin, IN – 111 Commerce Dr., Franklin, IN 46131
The hotspots are powered by the same equipment that powers MetroNet’s WholeHome Wi-Fi service in customer homes. The technology extends Wi-Fi signals in a mesh network to provide consistent signal strength throughout a household.
To access this free Wi-Fi hotspot, users will need to join the MetroNetFree network once they are parked near the storefront. The password is MetroNet.