(MARTIN CO.) – On Monday, March 17th, the Martin County Coronavirus Task Force convened for its third session.
In addition to emergency planning, the Task Force discussed developing a list of resources for Martin County residents.
A list of contact information is being updated continuously to address questions, concerns, and needs.
Additionally, the Sheriff’s Office wants to assure citizens that they are encouraged to call its non-emergency number at 812-247-3726 for assistance.
Dispatchers will assist those in need by advising the appropriate authority if the Sheriff’s Office can not be of assistance.
Martin County Resource List
Free meals for children
- Jug Rock Café-sack lunch for school-aged children from 11 am. until 1 p.m. Monday-Friday. Limited number daily. Meals will be given out on a first come-first serve basis. Located at 228 N Main Street, Shoals. 812-247-3544
- Velma’s Diner-breakfast for school-aged children from 8 a.m. until 10 a.m. March 16th-20th. Located at 304 Main Street, Shoals. 812-247-2041
- Loogootee Schools-Free “Grab & Go” meals for all LCSC students who wish to participate.
- Tuesday, March 24th and Tuesday, March 31st 10 meals (5 breakfasts & 5 lunches) can be picked up in the front parking lot of the High School using a drive-up service. If you are unable to pick up food during this time, please call 812-295-3254 ext. 488 to arrange a time for pick-up.
- Shoals Schools will have to pick up meals available Thursday, March 19th from 11 aa.m. – 12 p.m. or 4 pm. – 5 p.m. at the Shoals Senior Center or the Dover Hill Church. Call the school to put your child’s name on the list. Backpack Blessings will also be available at these locations and times to provide meals for the next 2 weekends.
- Greater Works Food Pantry/Hickory Ridge Church-each Monday from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Contact-Darrin Hovis – 812-247-3777
- The River Church- On the 4th Wednesday of the month from 4:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. or by appointment. Contact- 812-709-8628
- The Blessing Box 905 West Broadway, Loogootee. Filled weekly. Contact Michael Holt – 812-631-3550
- Loogootee United Methodist Church Food Pantry – the 1st Monday evening from 5 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. and each Thursday except the 4th Thursday from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Contact Martha Greene 812-295-3049
- St. Vincent DePaul Food Pantry – the 4th Thursday of each month from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Contact-Nancy Ward-Smith 812-295-3662
Other Assistance includes
- Center Township – Ann Stewart – Phone: 812-388-7185. The office is located at 13799 Rama Dye Road, Shoals, IN 47581
- Halbert Township – Exxelia Montgomery – Phone: 812-709-2434. The office is located at 11545 Hilltop Honey Road, Shoals, IN 47581
- Lost River Township – Millie Brown – Phone: 812-247-3490. The office is located at 6490 Brown Lane, Shoals, IN 47581
- Mitcheltree Township – Tammy Gore – Phone: 812-388-5612. The office is located at 20472 Sipes Road, Shoals, IN 47581
- Perry Township – Jason Hennette – Phone: 812-295-3237. The office is located at 804 N JFK Ave, Loogootee, IN 47553
- Rutherford Township – Terry Street – Phone: 812-644-7949. The office is located at 4224 Beard Road, Loogootee, IN 47553
Other assistance – St. Vincent DePaul Society Help Line – Phone: 812-295-9900