(BEDFORD) – The North Lawrence Community School Board approved trimesters at Thursday’s evening’s board meeting.
Trimesters will begin in the 2020-2021 school year. This will not affect dual credits for college courses.
In other business:
The board voted to hire Sims-Durkin and Associates to do the engineering and HVAC in the Oolitic Middle School Band/Orchestra rooms and at the Administration Building.
The board also approved $4.5 million in Claims/Payroll for the month of December.
Lincoln Elementary School will once again hold Camp Invention this summer. Jamie Hooten was named director of the program.
The following personnel items were also approved:
- Abigail Brim – BMS Temporary Resource Instructor effective January 6, 2020
- Jacklyn Reynolds – NLCS – Various Buildings, Permanent Traveling RN effective January 6, 2020.
- Susan Taylor – BNLHS Counselor effective January 6, 2020.
- Frank Decker – PLTW Instructor/Coach at NLCC effective November 4, 2019.
- Audrey Davis Harris – Lincoln Elementary Title 1 Instructional Assistant effective January 6, 2020.
- Connie McDaniel – Transferring from Parkview Assistant Principal to Heltonville Elementary effective for the 2019-20 school year.
- Nancy Strange – Transferring from Case Conference Coordinator to Permanent ED Instructor at Lincoln Elementary effective January 6, 2020.
- Kenzi Terry – Transferring from Dollens as an Instructional Assistant to NLCS Elementary P.E. Instructor effective January 6, 2020.
- Lisa Batman – Transferring from PVI Special Needs Instructional Assistant to NLCS 52 week Custodian effective December 30, 2019.
- Tim Boling – Transferring from Lincoln Elementary Ed Instructional Assistant to Substitute Instructional Assistant list effective December 9, 2019.
- Emma LeClair – Transferring from Lincoln Temporary Sub to Lincoln Instructional Assistant effective December 20, 2019.
- Bridget Craig – Transferring from Heltonville Elementary Instructional Assistant to Heltonville Elementary Administrative Assistant effective January 6, 2020.
- Jack Maxwell – Transferring from OMS/SMS as a Temporary in-school suspension to SMS as a Temporary Instructional Assistant.
- PVI: Sarah Conover – Robotics Coach effective for the 2019-20 Academic year.
- BNL: Jerry Carpenter – New Percussion Coach effective for the 2019-20 Academic year.
- James Deckard – Terminated as NLCS Information Systems Engineer effective August 30, 2019
- Sam Pemberton – Terminated as NLCS Information Systems Technician effective August 30, 2019.
- Caleb Pemberton – Terminated as NLCS Information Systems Technician effective August 30th, 2019.
- Hilary Hedge – Resigning as BMS Permanent Moderate Disability Instructional Assistant effective Dec. 20, 2019.
- Dawn Manke – Resigning as Lincoln Instructional Assistant effective December 13, 2019
- Connie McDaniel – Resigning as PVI Robotics Coach effective December 6, 2019
- Kelly Stigall – Resigning as Lincoln Elementary ED Instructor effective Dec. 13, 2019
- Rick Wagers – Resigning as NLCS P.E. Instructor effective January 10, 2020.
- Debra Donica – Retiring as NLCS Custodian effective December 31, 2019.
- Debra Brown – Retiring as NLCS Administrative Assistant, Food Services effective December 31, 2019.
- Laura Jenkins – Requesting a leave of absence from January 13, 2020, through January 31, 2020
- Sarah Lee
Personal Leave Requests
- Laura Jenkins – BNL Instructional Assistant – Requesting personal leave from January 13-31, 2020.
Medical Leave Requests
- Michael Donica – Requesting medical leave from December 18, 2019, for approximately 8 to 12 weeks.
- Stacey Moore – Requesting medical leave from December 16, 2019, for approximately 6 weeks.
- Savannah Stillions – Requesting medical leave from December 4, 2019, through December 9, 2019, continuing on a day by day.