(BEDFORD) – Registration is open for the Indiana Uplands Winter Food Conference.
The conference is scheduled for Thursday, January 30, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the Stonegate Arts and Education Center in Bedford.
This conference is designed to bring practitioners together from different economic and community food sectors to learn and share interests in developing a regional food economy in South Central Indiana.
ACEnet will share its 30-year history of using food systems for homegrown economic development in rural, Appalachian Ohio.
Strategy sessions include:
- Business and economic development in the food system
- Shared-use kitchens and meat processing infrastructure for farm and food businesses
- Indiana Grown for Schools
- Value chain coordination and creating networks of connectivity
- Community and nonprofit innovations for markets and food councils
- Agritourism for the Indiana Uplands
Additional details and registration are available at https://sfss.indiana.edu/projects/indiana/inuplands/conference.html