(INDIANAPOLIS) – Junior Achievement of Central Indiana (JA) will kick off its fifth annual JA JobSpark Initiative during a local breakfast and presentation on Tuesday, December 17th at the Ivy Tech Culinary School.
JA JobSpark is a two-day, hands-on career expo for eighth-grade students that culminates after weeks of JA curriculum taught in the classroom.
Since its inception in 2016, the program has “sparked” career interests in more than 36,000 local students from over 70 schools across central Indiana.
The Kick-Off Breakfast for 2020 will also celebrate the commitment and collaboration between educators and industry professionals who are dedicated to preparing our future workforce and addressing expected talent shortages facing Indiana.
WHAT: JA JobSpark Celebration and 2020 Kick-Off Breakfast
WHEN: December 17, 2019
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am: Breakfast and Networking
- 8:30 am – 9:30 am: Special Guest Speaker
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am: Volunteer Breakout Sessions
WHERE: Ivy Tech Culinary and Conference Center at 2820 North Meridian Street in Indianapolis, IN 46208
WHO: Speakers/Performers at the JA JobSpark 2020 Kick-Off Breakfast include (in order):
- Edison School of the Arts Children’s Choir
- Elias Merzoug, JA Student and Master of Ceremonies
- Jennifer Burk, President, and CEO, Junior Achievement of Central Indiana
- Aleesia Johnson, Superintendent, Indianapolis Public Schools
- Benjamin Carter, Director of Workforce and Innovation, Indiana Department of Education
- PJ McGrew, Executive Director of the Governor’s Workforce Cabinet, State of Indiana
- Matt Koscal, Senior Vice President – Chief Administrative Officer, Republic Airways
VISUALS: More than 150 community leaders will join at the breakfast to support this workforce readiness initiative and over 50 choir students from Edison School of the Arts will be performing.