(MITCHELL) – The Mitchell School board approved the consolidation of two bus routes. Routes #15 and Route #20 will now be combined into one bus route.
Between the two routes, 10-12 students were riding Route #15, and around 12-15 were riding Route #20. With the resignation of Shannon Terrell, the transportation director recommended the changes be made. The board approved the request 5-0.
The Eighth graders will be going on a field trip to Chicago to visit area museums. They will go on the trip on May 8th and May 9th, 2020.
The Mitchell Dance Team will be going to Orlando, Florida after the Dance team qualified to compete in the National Dance Competition. This competition will take place from March 5-9, 2020.
Mrs. Roberts’ and Mrs. Kern’s class field trip to Spring Mill and Opera House were also approved.
The School Board approved the reciprocal increase for all the school administrators. The increase will be $1,000 by agreement.
In other business:
- Shannon Terrell – Mitchell School Bus Driver has resigned effective November 8, 2019.
- Brecken Prince – Resigned as LPN effective December 6, 2019
- Martin Morris – Hired as Hatfield 1:1 Assistant effective November 12, 2019.
- Julie Titus – Hatfield Fresh Start Teaching assistance effective November 12, 2019.
- Madison McGiness – Hatfield Elementary extended leave effective November 12, 2019.
- Kyle Blackwell – “C” Freshman Boys Basketball Coach.
The following Administrative Contracts were approved:
- Dr. Brent Comer – Assistant Mitchell Community Schools Superintendent
- Troy Prichett – Mitchell High School Principal
- Robert Haislip – Mitchell Assistant High School Principal
- Danny Reynolds – Assistant Principal Mitchell High School/Athletic Director
- Jessica Jones – Burris Elementary School Principal
- Amanda May – Mitchell Junior High School Principal
- Renee Childress – Title I Coordinator
- Dr. Steve Grissom – Principal Hatfield Elementary School
The Mitchell Junior High Assistant Principal vacancy will be advertised on Tuesday.