(MITCHELL) – In the public hearing held Wednesday night at the Mitchell Administration Building the Mitchell School Board announced the terms of a new one-year contract.
According to Dr. Wilcox, the terms of the contract include the following.
- The salaries of the eligible teachers will receive their salary step of $1,000 and anyone eligible for a column moves will be moved to the second column for both years of the contract.
- For all teachers including those currently at the top of the salary schedule, the step increase is a base increase.
- The ECA added a statement that says ” The number of positions noted on this schedule were not bargained and are shown here for information purposes only” to make the schedule IEERB compliant.
- Health insurance will remain the same in the contract. however, life insurance will increase the amount of coverage to $60,000 with the maximum paid by the employer will be $150.00. All other insurance will stay the same as the 2017-2019 contract.
- Health Savings Account contributions would remain the same for those on Plan number 3, for both years of the contract. All other language in the contract will remain as is. And there was language fixed in the contract to remain compliant with the IEERB Rubric.
There was a discussion held about addressing, in the future, inequities in the salary schedule created by new teachers being hired at higher salaries than the current Mitchell school employees.
The Mitchell School Board is expected to vote on the 2019-2020 contract at the Monthly Mitchell Board Meeting to be held on Monday at 6 p.m. at the Administration Building.