(MITCHELL) – The lunch prices for the Mitchell Community Schools system will remain the same for the 2019-2020 School year.
The Mitchell School Board only received one bid for fuel in the 2019-2020 school year. They approved the proposal from Gasoline Alley and will receive Marathon rebates for more than 499 gallons of fuel with a 2 cent discount and a 2 to 3 cent discount for more than 2000 gallon of fuel purchases.
More than 100 desks are now obsolete and no longer useful to the school corporation. Dr. Mike Wilcox reports that two other education corporations are interested in purchasing them. The school board approved the sale, and they will be sold at a small price for each desk.
The bus driver handbook has been approved for the 2019-2020 school year. Dr. Wilcox thanked all who helped work on and developed the book.
Dr. Wilcox thanked the Future Farmer’s America group who assisted with the “Touch A Truck” Fundraiser and Auction for Benjamin Kidd. Kidd suffered a head injury a couple of weeks ago.
The roof project at the Emerson building is now almost thirty percent complete and is moving right along. Mikel Signs is working on finishing the new vision statement to be put up in the School Board meeting area. The sign will be in blue and gold.
The school board approved the following new hires:
- Amanda May – Mitchell Middle School Principal – effective July 9, 2019.
- Tori Mullinax – Mitchell High School Secretary, effective July 20, 2019.
- Tammy Endris – Burris Elementary Cafeteria Dishwasher – effective July 30, 2019.
- Kenna Robertson – Mitchell High School Cafeteria Dishwasher – effective July 30, 2019.
- Sharon Garsnett – Mitchell Junior High School Media Specialist – effective August 1, 2019.
- Sonya Chaney – Mitchell Community Schools Bus Route #10 Bus Driver, Effective August 5, 2019.
- Donna Kinser – Mitchell Community Schools Bus Route #20 Bus Driver, effective August 5, 2019.
- Samantha Moody – Bus Monitor – effective August 5, 2019.
- Isaac Brown – Mitchell High School Custodian – effective July 29, 2019.
- Amy Chenoweth – Hatfield Elementary Custodian – effective July 29, 2019.
- Elizabeth Cutsinger – Hatfield Elementary Classroom Aide – effective August 1, 2019.
- Wanda Allen – Hatfield Classroom Aide – effective August 1, 2019.
- Annie Chumley – Mitchell Junior High School Special needs Aide – effective August 1, 2019.
Extra- Curricular Hires and Transfers:
- Richard Mosier – Mitchell Junior High School Golf Coach 2019-2020 School year.
- John Chenoweth – from Hatfield “C” to “B” Custodian created by the resignation of Jim Bundy.
- Mckenzie Arthur from Hatfield Special Needs aide to Mitchell High School/ Mitchell Junior High School LPN.
- Chris Bowles from Mitchell Junior High School Remediation Aide to Mitchell Junior High Secretary.
- Kim Powell from Mitchell Junior High School Secretary to Mitchell Deputy Extra- Curricular Treasurer.