(INDIANAPOLIS) – The Indiana Arts Commission (IAC) announced today it will be making some modifications to its grant review process which begins April 15, 2019, with the Individual Advancement Program (IAP) panels for individual artists.
“The IAP grant review process will continue to be open and public, but new for this year the panels will be conducted online through video conferencing,” said Miah Michaelsen, IAC Deputy Director. “Online panel review will be more cost-effective to the state and logistically more efficient for our panelists, many of whom come from all corners of Indiana.”
Applicants may still monitor the grant review panels but, as in years past, may not provide comments during the review process.
The IAP panel review meetings will meet at the times listed below and can be watched in real time here. Applications to be reviewed in each meeting are listed here. These meetings will be recorded and posted online in the weeks following.
- Access on Monday, April 15, 2019, at 1:30 p.m. (EDT)
- Dance and Theatre on Tuesday, April 16, 2019, at 9:30 a.m. (EDT)
- Music 1 on Tuesday, April 16, 2019, at1:30 p.m. (EDT)
- Music 2 on Wednesday, April 17, 2019, at 9:30 a.m. (EDT)
- Literature Wednesday, April 17, 2019, at 1:30 p.m. (EDT)
- Early Career on Thursday, April 18, 2019, at 9:30 a.m. (EDT)
The IAC will also begin Regional Initiative Grant panel reviews for organization applications from Region 7 this month. These grant review panels will all take place at Indiana Humanities, 1500 N. Delaware Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202. Ample street parking is available for those wishing to observe the Region 7-panel review process in person.
The Region 7 panel review schedule is:
- Arts Project Support on Monday, April 29, 2019, at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. (EDT)
- Arts Organization Support on Tuesday, April 30, 2019, at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. (EDT)
- Arts Organization Support on Wednesday, May 1, 2019, at 10 a.m. ahd 2 p.m. (EDT)
Panel review sessions in other regions are also open for public observation. For those schedules please contact the Regional Arts Partner servicing the area.
Applications recommended for funding will be reviewed by the IAC’s Programs, Grants and Services Committee May 30, 2019, with final funding approval made by the full Commission at its June 14, 2019, Quarterly Business Meeting in Indianapolis.
The Indiana Arts Commission is dedicated to the vision of the arts everywhere, every day, for everyone in Indiana.