(INDIANAPOLIS) – On Saturday, Jan. 12th, the American Legion Department of Indiana will host a Veterans Resource Fair at the Marriot East Hotel in Indianapolis from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
The purpose of the resource fair is to provide a robust resource for veterans looking to further their career opportunities, create an opportunity for veterans to learn about benefits and gain helpful information to assist with navigating the Veterans Affairs claims process.
- The Veterans Resource Fair will feature services and representatives from:
- Indiana Department of Transportation – Offering state-wide employment opportunities for veterans.
- First Financial Bank – Offering financial education/promoting programs tailored to assist veterans.
- U.S. Cold Storage – Offering employment opportunities at entry level positions, competitive wages with Veterans preferential hiring.
- Operation: Job Ready Vets – Offering on-site resume and job search assistance.
- Department Service Office – Offering on-site Veterans Affairs claims assistance.
This resource fair is free to all veterans and their families.
The American Legion Department of Indiana is comprised of more than 77,000 military service veterans who have served honorably during times of conflict in defense of their nation and has been active within Indiana since 1919. The Indiana American Legion has represented veterans from every major conflict since World War II to Iraq and Afghanistan within its membership.
The Indiana Legion provides representation to 63,000 of the 87,500 service-connected disabled veterans in Indiana for entitled Veterans Affairs benefits, making up 71 percent of the claims work in the state, bringing back more than 385 million a year to the Hoosier economy, free of charge, regardless of membership.
If you have any questions, please contact The American Legion Department of Indiana Communications Director Tim Sproles at 317-403-6266 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org